For this hearty meal, I took rich barbecue-spiced pork (smoked paprika, sweet paprika, ground fennel seeds, ground coriander, garlic powder, and light brown sugar) and roasted it alongside a seasonal medley of potatoes, carrots, fennel, and rosemary. I topped the dish with an irresistibly tangy-sweet sauce made with creamy mustard and a super secret ingredient… Maple syrup. OMG, this might be the best meal I’ve ever made!
Ingredients for the best meal ever
- 1 Pork Roast
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 3/4 lb Golden Potatoes
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Tbsp Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 6 Oz Carrots
- 1 Bunch Rosemary
- 2 Tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Barbecue Spice Blend
(smoked paprika, sweet paprika, ground fennel seeds, ground coriander, garlic powder, and light brown sugar)
Recipe for the best meal ever
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Peel and dice the shallot, peel and cut the carrots into 1/4ths, discard the stems and core from the fennel and dice, medium dice the potatoes, combine in a large bowl and top with rosemary. Add a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange on one side of a tinfoil covered sheet pan.
- Pat the pork dry, drizzle with olive oil and coat with spice mix and salt & pepper. Place on pan, opposite the vegetables.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
- While roasting, combine mustard and syrup in a bowl.
- When roasting is complete, place pork on a pan – let it sit for 5 minutes. Cut against the grain into thin slices. Add any of the juices to the mustard/syrup mix.
- Serve the pork and vegetables on a plate, pour the sauce onto your creation
Wanna hear a secret?
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen a handful of delicious meals that I’ve been making the last several months. How do I make these super delicious meals?? Well, these are all made possible by Blue Apron. I’ve always struggled with cooking, but Blue Apron has taught me how to cook like a rock star. If you’ve ever contemplated a meal service like Blue Apron, reach out to me – the meals are always super delicious and they’re a lot of fun too. I have 5 free boxes ($72 value each) to give away as a gift. Leave a comment below, or reach out to me on social networking so I can send you your box. Want to learn more about this specific recipe? Check this out.