In this dish, I pounded two chicken breasts, coated them with panko breadcrumbs and Padano cheese to create the most delicious, thin and crispy baked chicken. Coupled with an irresistibly creamy side of mayo mixed with briny capers (not pictured), this dish did not disappoint. The dipping sauce was a perfect match for the chicken and side of roasted potatoes, seasoned with a vibrant blend of basil, rosemary, thyme, and more. Sautéed garlic and vinegar kale evened out this dish with the most intense and delicious flavors making this the best meal I’ve ever made!
Ingredients for the best meal ever
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 lb. golden or red potatoes (I used golden, because mmmmm….)
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 oz. grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 pasture-raised egg (because, Portland)
- 1 bunch kale leaves – discard the stems and roughly chop
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped (use up to 8 cloves if you’re feeling adventurous like me)
- 1 Tbsp. capers roughly chopped
- 1/4 Tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning (basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
Recipe for the best meal ever
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch wedges, place in bowl and toss with olive oil, salt & pepper, and Italian seasoning. Place the potatoes, skin side down, on 1/2 of a tinfoil lined sheet pan (save the bowl.) Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven but leave oven on.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by combining the capers and the mayo in a bowl, adding salt & pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken dry, place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a hammer until it’s about 1/4″ thick.
- In the reserved bowl, crack the egg and whisk.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and 1/2 the cheese on a plate.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture until it’s completely coated, move to the breadcrumb-cheese mixture. Press to coat and place on the other 1/2 of the tin-foil pan – next to the potatoes. Drizzle the chicken with a teaspoon of olive oil. Roast for 21 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a medium pan on medium-high until hot. Add the chopped garlic and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped kale. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the vinegar. Taste, season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve the baked chicken with the roasted potatoes, cooked kale, and caper mayo on the side. Garnish the kale with the remaining cheese.
- ENJOY THE BEST MEAL EVER!
Wanna hear my Blue Apron secret?
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen a handful of delicious meals that I’ve been making the last several months. How do I make these super delicious meals?? Well, these are all made possible by Blue Apron. I’ve always struggled with cooking, but Blue Apron has taught me how to cook like a rock star. If you’ve ever contemplated using a meal service like Blue Apron, I highly reccomend it – the meals are always super delicious and they’re a lot of fun too.
Want to learn more about this specific recipe? Check this out.